Dirtbikeslover is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. However, our editorial content is not influenced by the commission. Learn More.
Bikes are rides worldwide. Men especially the youngsters love to ride the bikes. The best dirt bikes brands like Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki, and Beta are the top-selling dirt bikes in the world. Some of the brands are expensive and some are cost effective. It totally depends upon the biker with which brand he wants to go. Dirt bikes are mainly designed for sports like racing purpose. The speed of these bikes is high than the street bikes. Now how to ride a dirt bike is the main query that let most of the newbie’s very curious. Riding the dirt bike is not a tough task. It is very easy if learn with proper dedication.
Most of the new riders taken it as rocket science but when you ask the professionals the positive views will come out. You need to learn a few lessons or classes on riding the bikes swiftly. Just a few lessons make your journey on off-highway more interesting. All you need a few tips to ride the bike smoothly on road. Have a look at the process of how to ride dirt bikes first time will definitely remove your hesitation and make you more confident while driving.
Table of Contents
How to Ride a Dirt Bike step by step:
[su_list icon=”icon: motorcycle” icon_color=”#8ac631″]
- Step 1: Take or buy a brand new bike which fulfills your needs while riding them like speed, design, and shape. The bike should be manufactured by a good brand and have an excellent engine. Also, look at the wheels of the bike.
- Step 2: After getting a good bike to buy a safety helmet. The helmet is very important safety gear and saves your head from heavy injury if an accident occurs. Other tools like boots, gloves, and pads are also important but the helmet put on the first. You can skip other gears but not the helmet and if you are the newbie then never leave to wear it.
- Step 3: Always make sure that you have properly positioned on the bike. Sit in a proper way on the bike before riding this may lead to imbalance while riding the dirt bike. Choose the right design of the bike like the model in which your foot may touch the ground. If you are beginner then make sure about sitting position. Always think of going forward and start or ride the bike.
- Step 4: Place both of the feet’s on the pegs and try to stand up with no dragging the handlebars. It is easy if you sit over the feet but became tough if the feet are behind of you. In this situation, you need to slide forward and drag the handlebars.
- Step 5: After sitting properly put your bike on first gear by striking the gear stick four times. This is the step when your bike will start moving. For the bikers, who ride the street bikes these dirt bikes are perplexing to tackle. These bikes shake a bit on slow speed so if you are a beginner and ride at slow speed will face wiggles. As you get the pace and enhance the speed the wiggle will be diminished. Go slow and get speed slowly will let you learn fast.
- Step 6: Keep the pace by enhancing speed. Now keep going and sit straight. Look front and ride consistently. This is one of the best things to continue and ride the dirt bikes perfectly
- Step 7: When you get more speed, the natural forces will push you backward. The beginners sit improperly at the initial stage. They sit far back from the seat and dragging the handles. This is a very bad position while riding the dirt bike. The bikers should sit properly as placing the hips over the foot peg and upper body on the forward. This is the best position to encounter these forces.
- Step 8: The main things that are involved while riding is throttle, clutch, and shifter. You have to use them at the same time. Shut the throttle, pull the clutch and pick the shifter while moving. Then change the gear by changing the position of these three gears.
- Step 9: Breaks are one of the best things to learn while riding. Breaks help your body to pull forward. If moving at a right pace your position should be true and gas tank would be between your thighs. Always keep the body in the right position.
- Step 10: At the initial stage accelerate first then go on third and fourth gear and lastly use breaks. Make a habit to use breaks in the proper way. Always try to feel the tires running in the right way or not. Find and feel if they are adding more pressure and tire is not moving then it means the tire is skidding.
By following these steps makes the newbie familiar to how to ride a dirt bike smoothly and swiftly.
Watch an Explainer Video about How To Ride a Dirt Bike:
Points to be noted before riding the dirt bike:
The things that should be remembered while riding the dirt bikes are as follows
[su_list icon=”icon: hand-o-right” icon_color=”#924a42″]
- Keep calm or relax before riding
- Always use hot start and avoid chokes.
- Pull the dirt bike in neutral mode
- Grip the front brake and clutch levers tightly
- Move or push the kick starter with full strokes on the compression stroke
- Never twist the throttle again and again
- Kickstart the bike
- After starting keep the pace and
- Then turn off the choke and keep riding.
How to ride dirt bikes is the problem of every beginner. These are the fine tips or steps for the newbies or beginners. This is also beneficial to the experienced bikers too. If you are consistent and keep on learning then these steps will help you a lot. Safety is also matters while driving. Always wear the helmet for safety purpose. Make a tough hold on breaks will give you hold on riding. Choose the best bike available in the market. Always go through the
Leave a Reply