Dirt bikes are very popular among young generation. The young boys love to ride these sports bike for style and racing purposes. There are many famous or best dirt bike brands available in the market who manufactures the world-class bikes that fulfill the desires of the bike lovers. The most selling brands like Yamaha, Suzuki, Beta, Kawasaki, and Honda. They have come up with some uniqueness in their brands like shape, design, engine, price, and speed. These bikes are very good for the person who is new to the biking world.
These bikes are good for speed and give extra mileage. The proper care of them is also necessary. In this busy schedule, you get free time during weekends only. The all-time running dirt bike became very untidy and dirty while driving and if you are a racer then the bikes may be filled with damped mud that would convert into hard or solid after dries up. So it is very important to clean them consistently.
The proper wash of bikes makes them long lasting and protect the engine’s capacity. Dirt bike cleaning is not a very tough task but it takes some time to clean it properly. Some bikers prefer to wash them from the bike washers or showrooms and some wash them at home. Here you can find some valuable tips to make your bike dirt free and new as you have purchased it from the vendor. These tips are useful for the newbies and experienced bikers too. Try or apply this process to clean your bike at home or by self.
How to Clean a Dirt Bike Properly Step by Step:-
There are many ways to clean your bike. Some bikers use the wrong way and made the bike scratchy and jam the engine’s pipes with dirt or water. Let’s see how to wash the bike properly at home.
- Start washing with a pressure washer. Wash it with hose and spray nozzle.
- Seats on the bikes are very soft and delicate foam so be very careful while washing the bikes. Seat foam soaked the excessive water and this led them to break down or worsen the seat. It is preferred to take the seat off before cleaning. If you are very professional and know how to pull out the seat then fix an airbox cover and take the seat cover out. Then reinstall the bolts of the seat in there place so that the mantle would not be filled with water. Cover all the outflows hoses that the water would not go inside of them. Either fix a wash plug in your muffler or cover the end with waterproof tape so that water would not enter into the engine of the bike. Remove all the things after the cleaning of the bike.
- Always use a rubber hammer to remove excess dirt rather than a solid hammer. Never use the mud scrapper unless the dirt is damp because then it will scratch the plastic. Use mud scrapper only when the mud is wet. Remove the handlebar pad and clean it nicely. Clean the chain of your bike with a wire brush before spraying it. This brush is helpful to remove the grease and dirt.
- Now wash the bike by laying it on the side of the handlebar on a bike stand. It helps To clean the cases, fenders, and tank. Spray the water on the mud slightly to make it soft and loosen. leave it for one minute then start clean again. Do not overflow of water directly on the bike this may harm the engine and block the nut bolts. If your bike has a skid plate then lie it on another side too. Then remove the plate and clean this side by using the pressure washer. Use scratch Brite scrubber or S.O.S pad to scrub the frame. This is very good at removing the dirt completely from the bike.
- Dirt bike cleaning is essential to keeping the bike long-lasting. In this step, you have to spray some bike wash and soap solution on it. Leave the solution for 2-3 minutes then clean it with soft brush or foam. Clean the bike from top to bottom. Scrub all the parts like swingarm, spokes, and frame. clean thoroughly and remove the dust and dirt from deep inside.
- After this clean it with mild water pressure. Dry it with a clean and dry towel or cloth. Use compressed air in the hard to reach areas like electrical fittings, radiator fins, etc. Apply the grease on the connectors to make them run smoothly.
- This is the time to dry your bike entirely. Dry all the parts very neatly. Make sure that there is no water is left in any part of the bike. Always use compressed air to dry the bike parts. Apply the oil or lube on the chain after cleaning it. Check all the parts and let them dry completely.
- This is the last step or last tip to make your bike neat and clean. Check the bike completely and make sure if any black mark or other marks are there. If they are on the bike then remove them with contact cleaner or colin. Polish your bike by using a nice polish. Do not put the polish directly on the bike’s brake discs or seats this may make your seat greasy or slippery. This is how you can make your bike brand new.
Tips: Read another in-depth guide about how to ride a dirt bike for the first time.
Watch an Explainer Video: How to Clean a Dirt Bike
Dirt bike cleaning is not a very tough task but it may require some time and workout. The bikers who consistently pay attention to their bikes will not let them dirty and untidy. The main issue that makes your bike dirty is mud. It inserts in your bike’s parts deeply inside and tough to clean. But by going through and applying this above-mentioned procedure will help you to maintain your bike to run for several years. It enhances the life of the bike and engine. Be careful before cleaning your bike and make sure that the excess water is not inserted into the important parts of it.