Dirtbikeslover is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. However, our editorial content is not influenced by the commission. Learn More.
There is nothing exciting and exhilarating than riding a dirt bike on a bright, sunny afternoon. Your weight and height play a big part while you are making your choice for the right dirt bike. When you start riding it first, you need to feel like you have proper control and capable to hold the bike while stopping or starting it safely.
As a beginner rider, it is really great to start the bike riding experience with a dirt bike because with this you don’t need to worry about twisting its throttle and also pulling the power wheelie. With the dirt bikes, it will be easy for you reach minimum 50 miles per hour in the gear. You just need a simple twist of your wrist to cover the distance.
As the most excellent beginner dirt bikes, you can start your search with the brands like Razor because they offer the smart, safe and the Coolest dirt bikes for beginners.If you want to buy one of these dirt bikes and especially if it is your first one, you need the information that can give you the complete idea to choose the right one. Hopefully, this guide can help you out even if you are selecting the bike for your kids.
Kid’s dirt bikes are more popular now as the kids are more adventurous. Be more careful while you are working on your kid’s preference. Here you will find some good tips that can make your search process easier and you will have something best from the shelves.
Editor picks Top rated dirt bikes for the beginners
Table of Contents
- 1 Editor picks Top rated dirt bikes for the beginners
- 2 Common Mistakes Beginners Dirt Bikes Riders Make – You Should Avoid
- 3 Things to Consider for a Beginner Rider When Shopping for a New Dirt Bike?
- 4 Final verdict
While the rising popularity of the dirt bikes for kids, there are competitors now being held all around the world. The wheel size defines usually the category of this competition. Before your kids get their hands on the bike, a parent should consider finding out the features that make the bike best and surely consider the brand that gives you more safety and flexibility.
To make the choice of best dirt bikes for beginners, we are providing you a complete list of the best dirt bikes, which are up to mark in all aspects and hope that the parents will be gratitude with it.
Razor MX500, the miniature motocross bike is really great for the young teens. This one is powered by a 500-watt electric motor and it is just like a scaled down version of the actual motocross bike. As the motor of the bike is chain driven, it is quite incredibly even at different speeds. Even the design is so top rated that the riders can enjoy the experience of motocross riding without paying huge bucks for it.
The frame geometry is identical to that of the real motocross bike. The powerful electric motor gives enough power to ride up to 17mph that is plenty for the riding on dirt pavement or trails. The dual suspension and handlebar give you a comfortable and smooth riding experience on most of the terrains.
With a single charge, one can ride up to 10 miles. When we are mentioning the description of best dirt bikes for beginners, another great feature comes with the retractable kickstand and double crown. With the weight limit of 175 pounds, this bike suits best for the teens from 14 years old and above.
The pneumatic knobby tires provide exceptional grip while cruising on the rougher terrains. Another benefit of the motor is it is incredibly quiet and it emits less or no exhaust. Another is the charge time of the bike. It takes 12 hours to charge fully. Hand operated fine dual brakes are the USP of the bike.
If you wish your kid to get a lot of fresh air instead of sitting around the television or PC for paying the computer games all day, then you should give a try to Pocket Rocket bike from Razor. It may seem possibly just like the motorized bicycle at first look but in reality, this vehicle is a small version of the road dirt bike that can reach considerably a good velocity. This is really cost effective product for your little one.
This electric dirt bike for the children is quite small in size but it can move and can reach the speeds up to 15mph. This bike comes with the authority to hit 20mph to going down the hill. The variable speed can be controlled by the twist grip throttle.
The chain driven motor can keep the noise under control too and another most amazing point is the hand-operated brake. Like the real dirt bikes. The tires play a major role here.
The big 10-inch pneumatic tires can ensure a smooth riding experience. When you are looking for the best dirt bikes for kids, you cannot ignore the value of the battery.
The 2×12 volt batteries can hold out pretty well when it is fully charged. To get nonstop 45 minutes driving, four to six hours charge is enough. For a full day riding experience, you can charge it for 12 hours. It weighing just 42 pounds and measuring a 36x20x21 inch, it is a bike that the children’s are waiting to have fun.
Another best thing is the tires of the bike that are chunky enough and equipped with the fine handbrake and the excellent hand throttle. These great features will ensure you a simple, safe ride while creating significantly low noise. It can be an outstanding fun activity for your child.
If you are wishing to have a kids bike that very much cost friendly but equipped with great features, then the 6V ride of Aosom is just perfect for your kid. This is an electric ride designed with the durable fine quality plastic that looks almost like the real motocross dirt bike.
Do you want to give your kid a smooth riding experience? Then it must be the right choice for you. The two side small and sturdy wheels with a perfect combination of 2.5mph speed assure you a safe but fun-filled riding experience.Not just for one year, this one is for a random use for years and the reason is the durable and tough plastic.
As far your concern is your kid’s safety, let me assure you this a complete safety package that especially recommended for the children over 5 years old and within 55lb, on the safety. Upon the safety and quality matter, it was introduced to the market with the F963, ASTM and CPSIA certifications. With a fully charged battery, you will be able to set 45 minutes busy riding schedule for your kids.
Give your children their own show time with Razor SX500 McGrath dirt bike. Are you looking for the best beginner dirt bike for teenager? Your search may come to its end with this perfect bike from the renowned brand “Razor”. This is a winning combination of the motocross rider and the best quality assembling process of Razor. To give your little champion a forgettable and adventurous riding experience, go with it.
This one is ready to rock with the perfect dual suspension and the fabulous disc brakes. The authentic MX frame supercross geometry and Jeremy’s proper reproduction have made it an unbeatable product to enjoy the smooth ride.The bike’s frame is constructed of durable steel and spoked aluminum that lasts long. If you want to give a safe ride to your little one, the 10×250 large tread tires can give you a maximum support.
An additional feature of the bike is the Razor graphics and the retractable kickstand that makes the riding experience easier. On a single charge, it can run for maximum 40 minutes. To have the added convenience, you will get the 12V batteries with your purchase.
Parents, are you searching for a smart solution to cure your children’s addictiveness to console the playoffs? Do you feel very tired of seeing your kid lots of time in front of television or mobile, without doing any activities?
Well, in that case, you better know this particular model from Razor. This is the latest addition to the brand with several advanced features from the previous already existing models.
Coming with the riser handlebars and dual suspension, this electric bike can give your 16 years or above a smooth riding experience. The twisted grip throttle and steel frame construction are strong enough to carry up to 140 pounds with the maximum speed of 17 mph.
Common Mistakes Beginners Dirt Bikes Riders Make – You Should Avoid
It is always better to be on the safer side. If you think that you are quite better without the protective equipment then you are kidding really and playing with the life of your kid.Before buying your dirt bike for your kid, make sure that he is mature enough to ride on such dangerous bike.
You should choose the bike that suits your child’s age. If you buy a bike that recommended for the kids of 17 years and above and your kid is only 10 years old, you are supposed to make a mistake. It can be dangerous.To avoid any kind of accident, make sure that your child is well trained to ride the vehicle.
There are many training seminars or riding seminars. If you want to answer your child’s request for buying the bike, convince them first to join the training but don’t allow them to perform without proper knowledge of riding.
Things to Consider for a Beginner Rider When Shopping for a New Dirt Bike?
Before buying a new dirt bike for your child, it is important to keep in mind some major points, especially if you are a beginner in this field.
- The first thing that you need to consider is the age of your kid of course. Since the riders are getting younger today, the technology of the dirt bike comes with more advanced safety equipment and some major riding organization. But as a beginner, it is best to start with a lighter dirt bike and can move for the powerful one after gaining more control over biking. Recently many manufacturers are coming with the bikes for the younger ones also. Make sure that you are considering the age of your kids before preferring your choice.
- When you are buying the new dirt bike for your kid, you must need to know that if your kids are ready to hold the dirt bike and can perform riding with their best of skills. So, it is better to find a bike that your kids are interested in.
- While you are looking for best beginner dirt bikes for your kids, the size of the bike is more important to consider. When you choose one for your kid, pick the right one that appropriates for them in order to manage it properly and safely. Remember, once you bought it you can expect an esteem riding activity like twist, turn and bumps. This is the reason that you need to have the right size bike for your kids.
- Consider to compare the size of the bike too. A modest level of power with the good capacity of is good when your kid is starting their bike riding practice. But make sure that the bike suits your child’s height and weight well.
- Once you have decided the size and type of the engine make sure that you are getting the high-quality shocks and suspension. Generally, the most popular, handy and best quality dirt bikes come from the houses of Aosom, Razor etc. Most of the professional and armature bikes like the products due to the features and usefulness of the bikes. Their demand is very high and truly cost effective to start your riding experience on.
- You also need to consider the safety equipment while you are buying a dirt bike for beginners. Never allow your kid to ride the bike without safety equipment.
- Your budget also comes as your consideration matter; fix your budget first to get the best one in your budget. Never compromise with the quality as you have a low budget but have the one that very cost effective and designed with the high-quality material.
Buying a mini dirt bike is an excellent way builds balance, confidence, and coordination for your child. There are several choices of mini bikes for sale but it is important to find the one that suits the skill level of your kids.
Your search for the best dirt bikes for beginners can wrap up with some renowned brands like Razor. So, get ready for the intense adventure but safety features should remain your top priority. So, it’s time to make your pick from the several brands.